Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tail Wagging Tuesday!

{Hey Y'all! Sorry I have been MIA. If you don't hear from me much this month it's because I am ridiculously busy this month due to it being my VERY LAST CLASS EVER and I have way too many cupcakes to bake next week and am trying to mentally prepare myself for.}

Couple things first:
-There is a BLOGGER BABY SHOWER FOR TUSCALOOSA going on right now! It is awesome and is another way we can help those in need.
-Did you see or are you planning on seeing the movie SOMETHING BORROWED? Read my review and share your thoughts!


 
Today's topic is your pets favorite treats!
 
JAX will basically eat anything so technically anything you give him is his favorite!
 
Ironic that this is the topic because this weekend I baked some homemade doggie treats! JAX had been having an upset stomach lately so I have been giving him some pumpkin and it's helped. He is definitly back to his crazy self. I have bruises to prove it {and no he doesn't abuse me, he just gets a little carried away when he is one of his crazy moods}
 
Pumpkin-Peanut Butter Doggie Biscuits
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
 
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2.Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
3.Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.

Puppy Tested, Mother Approved:


ps-both my brothers thought they were cookies and bit into them. bahahaha.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha Puppy Tested, Mother Approved! :)

Rachel said...

Yahoo last class!

Caroline said...

I need to make these for Knoxie. So cute!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

hehe this is adorable!!!

Kristen said...

Love this - I might have to try it, thanks! :)

Rebekah said...

I've been wanting to find a recipe for doggy treats so I'm going to have to try this! I'm sure Glenda would love them! Glenda plays SO rough with Dylan. She's left him with some cuts and bruises!

Amanda said...

i can't believe your brothers ate those doggie treats?! that is awesome! hahaha! if i have have a little time i really should make maddie some of those treats! i want to be a good momma! :)

Pamela said...

I made cookies for our family's dogs, & my husband def ate one too! haha!

Rebecca said...

After seeing all these posts about homemade dog treats I am definitely going to have to try them! Thanks for the recipe! Such sweet pictures :)

Gabriella said...

Jax is adorable! Those treats look yummy...I will have to make them for Homie!

Michelle said...

Jax is so cute! Love the treats! I have to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing! XOXO

Amy said...

My Mac would love these treats!!... He loves peanut butter by the spoon full. lol.

Its okay to be MIA sometimes... we understand! :) Hope you enjoy your busy month!

Brooke D said...

how cute are you!!!! jax is one lucky dog :)

Jenni Austria Germany said...

is it bad that i really want to eat them, even knowing they're for dogs...?