Monday, March 26, 2012

Miscellany Monday


Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

{one} so guess what? i'm a blonde... didn't expect to be one, but i just roll with whatever idea my hairdresser throws out there. and ya know what? im loving it.





{two} i saw the hunger games and wasn't all that impressed. they did great with the cast, but just so much is missing. if you haven't read the books, you really should. i mean, i didn't even cry?! im a big baby at the movies. what the heck?!


{three} today i feel like typing in all lowercase. 


{four} GO BUCKEYES! FINAL FOUR BABY!!!


{five} i took the facebook and twitter apps off my phone! gasp! it's weird, but nice.


{six} celebratory margaritas!




{five} i love sermons that truly speak to you, like the pastor/God is speaking directly to you and no one else. amazing i tell ya. part of the sermon was about friendships. a friend of over 15 years and i parted ways a while back...i went through a bad breakup at the time so I was a mess. i learned a lot since then but you see, i am somewhat awful at friendships, basically relationships in general. i expect so much because i give so much. im not the greatest at communication. okay fine, i am awful at it. but 'dating' soldier boy has taught me how key communication is especially in our situation. i've become a lot more open. i've realized there are so many different personalities and love languages. i've learned to forgive. that nobody's perfect. and that we should love our friends like christ loves us. i felt called to ask for forgiveness from the relationship i broke. i sent her a message and we both just kind of broke down. we both apologized. i mean really, we were both going through a very bad time in our lives. and ya know what... her and i are going to give this childhood friendship a try again. we've put it all out there on the plate of what we need, where we were wrong, and asked for each others forgiveness. God is so good.


hope y'all had a lovely weekend!!

12 comments:

Katie said...

i liked the hunger games movie! but of course the book was better. and thank God for a sermon that spoke to you and mended relationship!

Unknown said...

I haven't read the books nor seen the movie, and I have to say I'm not interested at all! Just reading the synopsis sent chills down my back - there are enough horrors in the world, I don't like immersing myself in fictional ones.

On a happy note, sounds really neat that you are able to reconnect/forgive your friend and give it another go.
P.s blonde looks great on you!!

Hope you have a wonderful week xo

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do love it when a sermon speaks to you like that and what a big person you are to start the cycle of forgiveness with a friend. Hope you find deep friendship with her again. Nice to meet you through MM.

Kylee Noelle {the blog} said...

Pretty new hair! I don't know if i could handle taking those apps off my phone, you have such will power :)

Adrienne said...

Hooray for a great sermon! I feel like my life has been molded in so many ways from great sermons :)

I liked the Hunger Games movie. I wasn't hooked on it like the books, but I thought they did a good job. I know what you mean though about the "briefness" sort of of it. Even though it was a loooong movie, I feel like they only barely touched on the plot. My friends and I noticed that they spend a lot of film-time looking over the scenery and not a lot actually developing the story. I don't know if you noticed that.

OH, and your hair? Looks freaking fantastic!

Ashley said...

Hi... did you write this blog post for me? ha! Last night I just told my husband that I'm not sure I have any friends left. It's tough moving every 4-5 years, and I sometimes feel like I'm not the greatest friend ever too. I have a lot to work on...

Mere said...

Your hair looks great! And you didn't cry at the movie?! I did! Gah, I had tears all down my face. Maybe I was just extra emotional that day though ;) haha.

Anonymous said...

Love the hair - so fashionista trendy! :) I haven't seen Hunger Games yet, but hope that I enjoy it...

That's wonderful that you and your friend are giving it another shot! I think it takes a lot of courage and vulnerability to do that...

Al said...

EEEEKS!!! BLONDE! I LOVVVE IT!!!

Seriously. I think I'm freaking out a bit over here - you look fabulous! I wish I could do something different like that and get away with it, but I could never pull off blonde. Maybe red, but I am way to dark to go blonde :(

Happy Monday, love!

Holly said...

WOOO!! :-D You're a buckeyes fan and that ROCKS :) Love your new hair, btw!

Kasey Lynne said...

You didn't like the movie??? *sad face*

Your hair looks great!!!

That's good to hear that you and your friend forgave each other and are trying to move past it! I hope you guys can go back to being great friends!

Chrissi said...

you look so fab! yay!! love the new 'do! XOXO