Tuesday, November 8, 2011

AYO TECHNOLOGY



-----------------------


Sometimes I just really love my cell phone.

Why???

One night recently I could not fall asleep. Don't you hate that? I wasn't in my room so my fan wasn't making the noise I fall asleep to. It was dead quiet. I am the type of sleeper that needs some white noise (and for it to be pitch black). So I immediately downloaded a white noise app for my phone. What a life saver.... that app is now my favorite!!! I passed out right away to a lovely 'thunderstorm'. Ha! I used it again last night and went into a very deep sleep with a 'summer rain shower'. 

As I am about to walk out the door today for me morning run, I realize my iPod died. Cue the part where I have a minor freak out. I am not ready to run without music yet. Then I realize...MY PHONE! I can use Pandora! Y'all.... Pandora has a GREAT workout station- Dance Cardio. Love love love.

Oh, the little things in life.

What are some of your favorite apps?


13 comments:

Miss Chelsea said...

My mom & I were painting my house outside last weekend and I had my phone stuck in my back pocket with Pandora on. I joked that it was the modern day equivalent of carrying around a boombox on your shoulder ;)

Unknown said...

That picture is so true! I love my phone, but I am sure I will love it even more since I am almost up for my upgrade.

I always get depressed when I go to run and my ipod is dead. run fail.

Unknown said...

I have to try the pandora workout station...That sounds perfect for taking my mind off running!

Rissy said...

this just made me even more excited to FINALLY get my iPhone today!!!

oh and I'm turning on dance cardio right now... at work : ) It will hopefully keep me from passing out on my desk

Kenj said...

I definitely would be lost without my phone. I use it for everything.I definitely want the white noise now that you mention it.

Rebekah said...

Haha, that picture is SO true! I'm glad you mentioned that station. I just added it and I'm going to run to it today!

Sandy a la Mode said...

hahaha so true!! i NEED and RELY on my cellphone for soo much!!! i even use it as my backup camera!!

siddathornton said...

i have that same white noise app - i love it! so peaceful. and i'm definitely going to check out the dance cardio station - i've just been listening to my itunes on my phone recently & i need to spice it up! one of my all-time favorite apps is 'hey tell' - check it out - it's a great way to communicate with friends throughout the day, without having to be on the phone constantly.

hope your tuesday is going well :)

Ashley said...

I don't know what I'd do without my phone!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I feel ya, girl! I like a little noise at night, too. :) And my baby has slept with rain sounds since he was born...whenever we go out of town, my iPhone saves the day with a nature sounds app. ;)

Anna @ IHOD said...

LOL!! Oh this is sadly so true. Last night I couldn't find my phone and I was most frustrated because I needed it as my flashlight! ha!

Unknown said...

I absolutely agree. My phone keeps me sane at work. And my friend uses the exact same app :)

xoxo,
Joelle

jessica said...

I love Pandora! But, in my year and a half of Pandora listening, i've never heard of the dance cardio workout station. I am just like you and CANNOT run without music. Can't wait to check this station out! Thank you!

And this whole list is so true! I've become so dependent on my phone for the time that I HAD to finally get a watch a few weeks ago so I knew how long I was out horseback riding. I realized then how lost i would be without my amazing phone.

great post!
~Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/