Friday, January 18, 2013

The Nail Files



Happy Friday! 

This week's nails I decided to do something a lil fun. My inspiration came from two nail designs I saw on Pinterest, granted theirs looks far much better.




 
 
The colors I used are Essie: Butler Please and Good As Gold. I loved how it turned out, but my husband loved it the most! If you do try the chevron manicure, do not use tape like it suggests! Tape has too strong of an adhesive and it ripped up some of the nail polish. I used some Avery labels. 
 



 Have a great weekend, friends! 

xoxo.

11 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE!!!! Miss you!!!

Kait said...

You have so much patience, oh my gosh! I just have to go and get the shellac polish because 1. When I paint, it looks like a 5 year old. and 2. I can't sit still long enough for them to dry. GREAT JOB LADY!

Unknown said...

Those nails look fantastic! I love the way the gold looks with the blue.

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Butler Please is similar to Mesmerized that I have and love!

Life With Lauren said...

That looks amazing great job!

Ashley said...

I may have to get my hands on a bottle of Essie's Butler Please... I absolutely love that shade of blue. I love your manicure. I'd love to give that chevron mani a shot... thanks for the no-tape tip. :)

jennie said...

Very pretty! I did a chevron-style mani for this week's linkup too! Great minds think alike! Loving your gold and blue combo. Butler Please is fantastic!

Crystal said...

Ooh, I really like that! It makes me think of airlines/flying for some reason!

Allison @ girloctopus.com said...

Love the blue and gold together!

I'm also very envious of you being in Hawaii-my best friend lived there for two years (although she HATED it!). I visited last December and it was amazing to be surfing then.

tara said...

you did such an awesome job! love it!

Meg @ Fit Tone Groove Mama said...

Love it! Thanks for the tip to use Avery labels.