Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mumford & Sons

 +

I have been to some pretty awesome concerts this past year... 

 +

Not one of those can compare to the Mumford & Sons concert. Every aspect of it was breath taking. First and foremost, Fox Theatre is BEAUTIFUL! Being surrounded by crazy fans jumping and clapping or knee slapping was surreal. My favorite songs were played making me one happy gal. Their new CD is going to be Amazing, as if I would expect anything less?! They performed two of their songs which made you feel like you were hanging out with them at a bar. No technology. Just them, their guitars, sexy voices, and barefoot. Yes, Marcus Mumford was barefoot. 

 Mumford Lovers

I wasn't able to steal some real good pics from the show. Though, I found a girl who attended the same concert and took professional photos, so I am borrowing these pics below from Alisha McKellar Portrait Design.





Swoon. I really hope to see them in concert every chance possible. 
Even if that means having to drive 7hrs again to see them!


EXTRAS:

  • You can catch them on VH1 Unplugged at 11pm on June 24th
  • Adam Levine loves Mumford & Sons according to this article in Rolling Stone:
"What albums are you currently obsessed with?
Mumford & Sons, along with the rest of the country. I haven't felt like a real music fan in a long time, but that record has made me a fan again. There's something so gripping about the way the lyrics are delivered—it's angsty and mad, but it's beautiful soul music. There's a song called "Timshel" that breaks my heart. Them selling records and Arcade Fire winning the Grammy restores my faith in music."


LOVE. What was your favorite concert??

13 comments:

Caroline said...

Love them! The lead singer is a hottie. :) My favorite: Foo Fighters.

C Mae said...

Would you believe me if I told ya I have NEVER been to a concert? Unless you count Jason Maraz coming to my college back in 2003. Yep. No joke. How awesome am I? ha. Not very !

Rachel said...

um huge crush on Adam Levine...do u watch The Voice?

haven't gone to concerts this year but one of my faves was Mutemath. They have awesome music and great showmanship!Their drummer is sick nasty. I want to see Owl City in concert hopefully soon!

Mike said...

Favorite concerts would be a threeway tie between Billy Joel Q&A tour and Needtobreathe/ Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers and Fourth Row for John Mayer before he turned douchey

Anonymous said...

Mumford was amazzzzingggg! We have to plan another trip ASAP! Love you xoxo

Heather

Ashley said...

so cool! i just heard about this concert....i know your side bar says you live in florida but are you an atlanta transplant i live in aTL!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

ok so I dont know if I know who Mumford and Son's is but I know who Stanford and Sons is hehehe

Unknown said...

You're so lucky. I want to see them so bad. Geez... It's hard to choose a favorite concert. Either Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bob Dylan, Garth Brooks (cause that was my first concert) or Flogging Molly.

Brooke D said...

my husband would DIE if he read this... he wants to see them sooo bad!!!

Val said...

I love love love them!!! Looks like an awesome time.

Jenni Austria Germany said...

jealous! i imagine that would, indeed, be an amazing show.

Ashley said...

I would love to see Mumford & Sons!

My favorite concert so far has probably been The Fray. I've seen them in concert 3 times, and I don't think I'll ever get sick of their music.

Lauren K said...

Totally random, but my friends just got married at the Fox Theatre a few months ago. It's a pretty neat place!

Oh yeah, and I'm glad you had fuN!