Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Heart Tattoos

A Mommas Desires and Pacifiers


I have a slight adoration for tattoos. Y'all may or may not know this but I have 6 (SIX) tattoos. I know, a lot right?! Most are hidden by everyday clothes. Two are in white ink on my wrists. Every single one of my tattoos has a special meaning. I do not just randomly get one. Well... I take that back. My very first tattoo, a heart, was random. It was in my rebel days.

I'm going to share with you my favorites:
(sorry for the poor picture quality)

Photobucket

Hip tattoo. Got this done back in 2006/2007.
The dove symbolizes His Promise, hope, peace, and love & my 'Faith' in Christ. 




Photobucket


In 2009 I got this on my rib. *my absolute favorite one*
It is a Rumi quote written in Farsi in the shape of a heart.
"The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart"




Photobucket



If you look closely you can see part of my white tattoo. It's very faded.

My beautiful feather on my wrist that I got on my trip to LA back in 2010.
Symbolizing hope (Hope is the thing with feathers by Emily Dickinson)

---------------------------------------------

Soldier Boy would also like to show off one of his tattoo's...he didn't want to feel left out. 

'Why would I get a tattoo of an ammo belt around my thigh...? Well first, I like to place tattoos where a person can't see them while I am wearing shorts or a shirt. Second, I don't know many people with a ammo belt tattoo around their thigh.  

During my first two deployments overseas, I was a gunner for our trucks.  I operated a machine gun and my second deployment I had a machine gun as a personal weapon.  Army lingo: M240B and my personal one that I carried was a M249 (SAW).  So when I got back from my second deployment I wanted something to symbolize my accomplishment of lugging around the weapon and all the bullets that went with it. 4 days before I was on an airplane heading to the middle east for the 3rd time I tattooed the ammo belt on my left thigh. Once again I found myself gunning for the trucks and doing my job.  To me it was a symbol of protection and having a weapon that can lay down an awesome base of fire when the time was needed.  My buddies always joked, saying, "Ward has extra ammo around his leg if we need it."'


 Friend with a real ammo belt around his leg and Soldier Boy





Thinking about getting a tattoo? Feel free to ask me questions! 

Have a great day friends!!



24 comments:

christine donee said...

oooo pretty.

did the one on your rib hurt? I keep thinking about getting one there...

Mateya said...

I bet that feather hurt so bad! I have a teeny tiny little fish on my foot and I will NEVER get another tattoo again. Horrible!

Heather (Heatherella) said...

I am obsessed with your feather tattoo:) Always have been. I have my silly star from my "rebel" days too haha. I also LOVE that David is getting so involved in your blog!!! THUMBS UP, SOLDIER BOY! Youuuuuuuuu

Anonymous said...

I love them, especially the Faith. I agree that is so cool that Soldier Boy is getting so involved in your blog. That is great!

Rebekah said...

I love your tattoos! I have one that is completely hidden but I want the word hope on my foot. It's my favorite word! Dylan knows I want it but he doesn't want me to get it...which is why I'm thinking of getting it when he deploys :)

Soldier Boy's tattoo is pretty original!

PCM said...

love,love, love your feather tattoo! i also love that your "markings" are simple and meaningful. i have a thing for tattoos as well ;)

SarahBeth said...

I love them!

I have 2 myself, with plans for possibly one more.

Also love Solider Boy's tattoo! :D

Brooke said...

You have such great tattoos! I really love them. I am not much of a tattoo person (although Wayne has a couple and wants several more), but yours are really amazing. I especially love the Rumi quote heart! That is so cool!

What do you wrists say?

K_stets said...

O.M.G. I am close to loving you for posting your tattoos.....because I have been thinking about a white ink tattoo, but I wasn't sure how they heal.

I like the tattoos you showed. That heart one is really beautiful.

jessica said...

i love all of them, including solider boy's. i have been wanting a feather for sometime but don't know where just yet.

mybagofsunshine.blogspot

Caitlin said...

LOVE your feather tattoo! I have the word hope on my foot and have been wanting a bird for a long time so I really love the meaning you have behind that feather!

Brooke D said...

UMM SOOO WEIRD that you posted this today!! I'm DETERMINED to get a tattoo this year... But I don't really want one that shows... so I was thinking a white one on my wrist (but then I don't know if you can see it?) or a colored one on my rib... Just a little one. AHH love this! Love all of yours... so creative!! The feather and heart are my favs :)

Raven said...

ok LOVE that the mister showed off his! and how awesome!! ok and yours, LOVE LOVE LOVE the feather and the one written in the shape of a heart. And of course, LOVE the faith one. My love one is written in the same font almost. Thanks so much for linking up!

Sara @ Our Life Blog said...

LOVE all 3!! i am getting a faith tattoo this summer on my foot! can't wait! :D

Unknown said...

omg love all the tats :) xo

Chrissi said...

i want one! i just can't nail down what to get...and i am nervous, not going to lie... hope you're well friend :)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Cool! I never would have guessed that you had tattoos! Cute feather. ;)

p.s. I am having a giveaway on my blog....a really pretty Shabby Apple dress is up for grabs!

Whim Wham Life said...

I LOVE tattoos too...but I'm too wimpy/afraid of commitment to ever get one! xoxo

J and A said...

I love love love the heart shaped one.

Shannon Marie said...

You're so brave- I'm way too afraid to get tattoo! But check out my post, you were just tagged in it! :) xo

Ashley said...

you can get white ink?! no way! ok i totally might consider now :)

Julie @ The Smitten Mintons said...

I love the white ink! That's so cool looking! And I must say, Solider Boy is hot! I'm semi-new around here, so I don't know who he is! Fill me in! :)

kylie said...

i ADORE the feather. and the white? so cool.

BJJ said...

One of my main ex's had a thigh tattoo. I think they're hot. David's is pretty rad if you ask me.

And you know I love all yours. I just wish I wasn't such chicken shit.